Address Registration in Kraków in 3 Steps:

STEP 1: Gather all required documents

In order to register your temporary or permanent address of residence in Poland you have to file:

  • A registration form for temporary or permanent residence, where you fill in your personal information, the address of residence in Poland and previous permanent residence address. 

Available for download: 1) Temporary 2) Permanent 

You can also obtain the form in the City Hall, but it’s easier to print it and fill at home.

Remember, if you don’t have a lease agreement or your name is not written on it, the owner of your apartment has to sign the form.

  • A passport or another document proving your identity 
  • Copy of your visa/residence card/residence permit/any document proving your legal stay in Poland. If you’ve applied for a residence permit and it hasn’t been issued yet, the stamp in your passport is enough to register your residence, however it should not be older than 3 months.
  • Copy of your lease agreement.

STEP 2: Go to the City Hall

After you’ve gathered all the documents needed, you should go to the City Hall. In Kraków it’s located at al. Powstania Warszawskiego 10 or –  depending on the district where you live your department – may be at  ul. Wielicka 28a (Districts VIII-XIII) or at os. Zgody 2 (Districts XIV – XVIII). It is open from 7:40 till 18:00 from Monday to Friday.  

There you should go to the Department of Administrative Affairs and take a queue number choosing “Ewidencja ludności – meldunki, PESEL” (Population registry).

STEP 3: Register you residence

The registration of your residence is handled immediately. After you gave your documents to the official, you have to go to pay 17 PLN if you want to have a document confirming your registration. In case of permanent registration you don’t pay anything. Together with your registration you also get a PESEL number automatically.


  • You can also register your residence online at 
  • If your child was born in Poland and will stay here for more than 30 days – the head of the registry office who prepared the birth certificate will register your child’s residence in Poland. Your child will also receive a PESEL number automatically.
  • You can register your residence in person or appoint a proxy in writing who will do it on your behalf. 

Any content provided on this website is to be considered information only. It is not legal advice or a replacement for legal advice. Information posted here by the Krakspire team is accurate and current to the best of our knowledge as of the date it is posted, but website users should be aware that laws and their application change frequently, sometimes without notice. You shall be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from your use of the site. Any reliance upon any Information shall be at your sole risk.

Мы используем файлы cookie для того, чтобы предоставить Вам больше возможностей при использовании сайта. При использовании данного сайта, вы подтверждаете свое согласие на использование файлов cookie в соответствии с настоящим уведомлением в отношении данного типа файлов.

Прокрутить вверх